Dec., 2015 & Jan., 2016 Copyright Sessions
COPYRIGHT & YOUR COURSE WEBSITE – Information Sessions
These information sessions will focus on changes in copying practices at York University. Sessions will be conducted by the Copyright Support Office. Jasintha Ariyaratnam and Lisa Leggett will help you identify and manage copyright in your classroom, course website, and research. Bring your course outlines and academic materials to this session. The Copyright Modernization Act and complying with Fair Dealing Guidelines will be referenced from http://www.yorku.ca/copyright.
YORK KEELE CAMPUS: Duration: 60 min. Open to ALL Units and Faculties. All sessions start at 12 noon.
Training takes place in the TEL building, 2nd floor, Suite 2120 eServices Office in the training lab.
· Monday, November 30, 2015
· Tuesday, December 8, 2015
· Wednesday, December 16, 2015
· Tuesday, January 5, 2016
· Friday, January 8, 2016
· Tuesday, January 12, 2016
· Monday, January 18, 2016
· Thursday, January 28, 2016
GLENDON CAMPUS: Duration: 60 min. Open to ALL Units and Faculties. All sessions start at 2 PM.
· Monday, December 7, 2015 Location: York Hall A224
· Tuesday, December 15, 2015 Location: GH 219 in Glendon Hall
· Thursday, January 7, 2016 Location: GH 219 in Glendon Hall
If you would like to set up an information session tailored to the copyright issues of your area please email email@example.com.
Prior to uploading content or files of literary or artistic works to your course websites(s), ensure that you review the copyright information and requirements posted at the ‘Copyright and You’ website: www.yorku.ca/copyright.The website provides information on everything you need from the basics of copyright, FAQs on copyright requirements for course websites to how to apply fair dealing to your copying at York (http://copyright.info.yorku.ca/fair-dealing-application-guides/).
Copyright Support Office:
York’s Copyright Support Office provides the following Copyright services to ALL faculty members at York University.
· review course materials to be distributed on your password protected LMS (Moodle);
· create permanent links to e-resources that are available through York University Libraries’ subscriptions;
· scan short excerpts from books and journals as permitted under York’s Fair Dealing Guidelines;
· when necessary, liaise with content rights holders to secure permissions for use in York University courses; and
· assist with general copyright questions and concerns.
Location: Copyright Office/eServices, Suite 2120 TEL building, Keele Campus York University – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
YORK LIBRARIES eRESOURCES
The York University Libraries have license agreements with providers of eResources for the use of: electronic articles, journals, indexes, databases and more. Please contact the Subject Specialist Librarian for your area for assistance on how to identify and link to these electronic resources from your course websites.
Teaching Support for Fully Online (Distance) Courses: http://www.library.yorku.ca/web/ask-services/facultyinstructor-support/support-for-distance-education-courses/
Subject Specialist Librarians: http://www.library.yorku.ca/web/about-us/contact-us/liaison-librarians/
Linking to Library eResources: http://researchguides.library.yorku.ca/eresources
Make a Safe York Permalink: http://www.library.yorku.ca/cgi-bin/permalinker
Book a library class: http://www.library.yorku.ca/web/ask-services/facultyinstructor-support/